7 WAYS TO BEAT THE MONDAY BLUES
Written by Khloe George
Mondays are always the hardest day to get through! For most of us, it means going back to work and getting back into the swing of things with our kids.
Here are a few tips that will make your Monday sweeter...
1. Get a new mug. Enjoy your morning cup of coffee in a unique mug that'll make you smile.
2. Have something to look forward to on Monday nights. The same things that has you daydreaming about the weekend should apply to Mondays. Plan something after work so you have something to look forward to.
3. Prepare Monday's work on Friday. Don't pack on more Monday work by leaving your Friday work half-done - instead do the opposite. This will minimize the dread you'll face on Monday mornings and will also keep your mind off work during the weekend.
4.Socialize. Engaging in a conversation will stimulate the mind enough to kick start it for the day. If you dive straight into your work the moment you reach the office, chances are your brain is still trying to wake up.Wake up earlier, catch an early breakfast with a friend or a walk around the park before your time to head in.
5. Re-conceptualize Mondays.. Reprogram the way you think about Mondays. If you look at it as the beginning of a great week, the thought can empower you and propel you to a great start. Learn to see the glass half full.
6. Accept it.. Go with the flow and don't stress the day. The more you think about how terrible it is - the more terrible it will feel Time passes by quickly when you don't dwell on it.
7. Schedule your most important task for early in the morning. Take an hour out of your time to just jot down the tasks you will have for the week and schedule your top three. As part of your morning routine,when planning out your day, try to do your top THREE early in the morning. If you can, do the MOST important task first during your morning routine.